In Between what?

I've found some of the sweetest moments in life have been those in between

other moments known for their grandeur.















Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Letter from Skip

I thought since I've been horrible about blogging lately, I would let Skip do a "guest blog" of sorts.  The following is a letter we've sent to close family and friends sharing his plan to spend yet another New Year's holiday in another continent.  Although I am pretty bummed to spend another midnight alone, I am so thankful that the Lord has blessed us with a church that supports missions and encourages short-term trips within the US and all over the world.  Please join us in praying for this trip and the people in India that are eager to learn from the mission team.


Dear Family and Friends,
I was presented several months ago with a unique opportunity, and after spending time talking with Stephanie and seeking the Lord’s will, I have accepted an invitation to ring in the new year in India.  A small group of men from our church, led by our Worship and Discipleship Pastor, Billy, will be leading two pastoral training conferences in Northern India.

Billy has been working with two pastors in India for the past year to organize the trip. The main purpose will be to train a total of 14 pastors that have begun Bible Studies in 50 unreached villages.  Although these men are passionate about reaching the lost, they feel inadequate and are desperate for more knowledge of evangelism and The Word.

I am humbled to say that I was asked personally to consider joining this mission team.  Since I traveled to India during my time with World Help, my familiarity with the culture/country will prove valuable during our time there.  I’ve also been asked to document the trip and will be creating a video of the mission to share with our church and other supporters upon our return.

The decision to go on this trip was not made lightly.  The financial responsibility is a bit overwhelming- the total cost of the trip is around $3,100.  Following the decision to start my own business in May, ending the year with a trip overseas seemed out of the realm of possibilities.  To call this an exercise of faith is an understatement.  With less than two months to raise support and pay for the trip, Stephanie and I have to put our full trust in the Lord for His provision. 

Would you join us in praying for the trip?  Pray for our safe travels there and back.  Pray for the hearts of the pastors we will be leading and the Indian people to whom we will be ministering.  Pray that we will be able to gather information for future outreach projects I would also ask you to pray about backing the trip financially (http://www.charitybaptistchurch.cc/#/give).  My flights will cost $1,500 and it is our hope to take $250 per village to spend on needs such as bicycles for the pastors who currently walk to the villages and materials to use in spreading the gospel. 

We are already meeting weekly to plan and pray for our time in the country, and my excitement is growing by the day!  Thank you for sharing in this experience with us.
Love,
Skip

No comments:

Post a Comment