In Between what?

I've found some of the sweetest moments in life have been those in between

other moments known for their grandeur.















Sunday, January 5, 2014

Welcome to the World


I’ve written before about the two blogs I started following soon after Levi died.  They’re so different, but so good and encouraging in their own right.  To recap, Deeper Still is by a Christian mom (Larissa) in Australia who delivered a sleeping baby girl on January 30th, 2013 and less than 11 weeks later got pregnant with her rainbow baby.  I loved her positive attitude throughout her subsequent pregnancy and the scripture she claimed to get her through. 

This morning I received incredible news in the form of a personal email from Larissa.  Her baby got here yesterday safe and sound, and you won’t believe what she named him- Levi.  Her email quite literally took my breath away.  She wanted to tell me personally about the name before I read it on her blog.  She said they picked it out early in pregnancy and since they are those kind of (crazy) people who do not find out the sex of their babies until birth, they weren’t sure if they’d use the name or not.  She said when she heard about our Levi, it made her love the name even more.  We loved the name Levi so much that we mourned the loss of it right along with everything else we’d planned.  I’m so glad they chose it and thought of us.

As a new babylost mom, I didn’t know what to do with all of the baby stuff.  I remember trying to have conversations with mom and Skip while we were still in the hospital about the car seat and clothes and all the stuff we weren’t going to need.  They assured me I had time to make those decisions, and they were right.  We slowly sorted things to return and things to keep for (hopefully) future children.  I was the saddest about the little things that were monogrammed with his name or initials.  They were SO cute and such personal gifts and they would never be used.  I cried and cried over this and put them away in our box of memories, away from the other clothes and stuff for the future. 

As I was driving home from church this morning, it hit me.  I want to send those monogrammed things to little Levi Genet all the way in Australia.  I want his mom, my friend I’ve never met, to enjoy them as I would have with my Levi.  I want her to send me pictures of her little guy wearing a hat made for my little guy.  I’ve been so blessed and gotten so much hope for our future reading about her life and her faith. I could never just get rid of them, but I will be happy to pass them along to someone who has felt my pain and now experienced the joy I long for.  Her email filled me with hope that one day I will experience the same.


Welcome to the world, Levi William Genet.  Mamas all over the world are so glad you’ve made it!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely breathtaking. Sweetest thing ever! My heart swells with gladness! What a wonderful thing to do! God is amazing...and He never lets up...

    ReplyDelete