In Between what?

I've found some of the sweetest moments in life have been those in between

other moments known for their grandeur.















Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Take One

     I'm new at this blogging thing, but I have been a writer forever.  When I helped my Nanny move into new furniture a few months back, we ran across little notes that I'd written her over 15 years ago.  Some to say, "I love you," and others to try and con her into picking me up early from school.  My love of the written word helped me choose my profession. My old journals from college help me remember those intimate times I spent with the Lord on the mountain.  That "husband list" I created when I was 18 confirmed my suspicions that Skip was really "the one."  I have been able to express my love and appreciation for family and friendships that I could never have done out loud in between the folds of hallmark cards.  I am a writer.
     When the blog craze began, I didn't really understand it.  When a girl in a grad class shared her blog about her home improvements, I thought it was the silliest thing I'd ever read. And then, I started to read my mother-in-law's blog "Confessions of an Erdmom" and it almost always made me cry.  Then, my college roomate Ashley Eller started "Red Barstools," a blog about her busy kitchen and running The Sweetie Pie, her organic bakery.  It was official; I was jealous.  I wanted a place to share my moments. I wanted a blog, but who would read it?
     I told Skip that I was thinking about starting a blog and he was very encouraging (as usual).  "But, who will read it?" I whined.  "Whoever you want to," he said.  And then I realized that I don't care so much who reads it.  Ultimately, I hope that some friends and family will find some time to laugh with me and at me and even cry when it's appropriate, but I've taught my kids for years that writing for the sake of writing is ok, even if you're only writing for yourself.  I'm going to take my own advice on this one.  But, Thank You for reading .

1 comment:

  1. I like the blog Stephanie!!! Sorry we missed your wedding we were out of town that weekend. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete